THE COLUMBIA (MD) CHAPTER
During more than 44 Years of Service in the Howard County community, the Columbia (MD) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated has continued its illustrious history delivering relevant programs and positively impacting the community. These transformation programs are part of our five facets: Services to Youth, The Arts, National Trends and Services, International Trends, and Health and Human Services. Listed below are a few highlights we proudly share while supporting our community in the US and abroad:
• An award-winning MESA Program (Math, Engineering & Science Achievement) for elementary students – a 13-week program in partnership with the Howard County Public School System.
• Distribution of over $150,000 in college/university scholarships to students in Howard County and students who attend the Peabody Institute of The Johns Hopkins University Conservatory of Music.
• A mentorship program for 20-25 middle school to high school girls through a “For Girls Only” Program in partnership with the Howard County Public School System.
• Long-standing partnership with Peabody Institute of The Johns Hopkins University Conservatory of Music as host of an annual free classical music performed by Peabody students. In 2020, we celebrated our 36th Anniversary of hosting the concert.
• Outreach to senior citizens with visits to assisted living facilities and nursing homes to provide engagement and entertainment.
• Partnership with Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center to provide meals, blankets, special activities for the children, and other various needs.
• Collaboration with the Howard County African American Community Roundtable, supporting its annual community health fair providing interactive healthcare education to the community.
• Distribution of dorm packages for Kenyan Students traveling to the United States to study dance as part of Artists for Africa.
Our members are committed to serving the Howard County community, and embrace building lasting partnerships and friendships with one another. For an additional list of activities we support, please visit the Links in Action tab on our website.
Thank you for visiting our virtual home.